Monday, March 28, 2011

A touch of femininity for my girls....

Sunday mornings at our home can be hectic getting everyone dressed and out the door for church on time. That is actually kind of funny because I have no trouble getting the kids to school or anywhere else on time. Anyway, we have kind of gotten into a rut over what we wear to church. I grew up wearing my best to church every Sunday. Now that I am married and have a family, we attend a different church that is more relaxed and heart focused rather than custom focused. The boys wear nice jeans and the girls wear khaki dress pants or even occasionally jeans.
I was thinking yesterday (as I watched my children scatter to sunday school) that my girls will grow up to raise their little girls the same way. Pants! Ugh! Dont get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with pants, but young ladies and little girls look so prescious in dresses and skirts. So feminine. It is only recently that we have gotten lazy. Lazy!! My girls used to wear beautiful clothes to church that my mother would search out in boutiques when she was on vacation. She even sewed some of the more special things from the satin of her own wedding gown.
Now I know that my 14, 12 and 10 year old daughters would not go for that now, but I was not at all prepared for the response that I got when I asked them if they wanted some skirts for church.
It was a resounding YES!!!! The were so excited. So yesterday after church I grabbed my mom, my girls,and my coupons, gift cards and Khols Cash and headed to the city. I must admit that I NEVER do this! I am a thrifty girl by nature and dont normally shop at the mall as a first step. Its usually when I have exhausted everything else. I spent some money, but I also saved a ton as well using my gift cards and coupons that I had saved up as well as hitting some sales that riveled the Salvation Army!  It was also a great opportunity for some girl talk about appropriate fashions and modesty. I wont say that the girls deserved these new things (they have Christ and is all they will ever need) but they deffinately appreciated them and cant wait till next Sunday.  

Blessings!

Cybil

1 comment:

  1. Cybil,

    THANK YOU ... for the precious words you left on my blog today. Truly, they mean so very much!

    My heart ... my prayer ... my passion has always been that my life (my blog) would be an example. I pray that my example is not hurt, by sharing my pain, by sharing my "Why?" questions.

    I pray that even as I walk through the TOUGH stuff, that the light of Christ can still, somehow, shine through me.

    Thank you ... for your love and concern, and for taking a minute to encourage me.

    Laurel

    ReplyDelete