Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Crazy Busy Days

My days are so busy the minute the first two kids get off the bus in the afternoon. They both want to tell me about their days and what the evenings homework is, who said what, what happened in gym class, etc... An hour later the second half of the kids will come home and we do the same thing all over again.  So many book bags to go through, papers to read and sign, and dates to write on the calandar for upcoming fieldtrips the I "have" to go on.......sigh. I love being a mom, but I do wish that this time of the day were a little more organized. In 15 years when my youngest has graduated, I will wonder at what boring afternoons I have.

Today I went out to my dads house to watch an Amish crew pour the new concrete floor in the shop. I wished that I could have taken Ethan out of school for the morning so he could have watched the four cement trucks and the crew hard at work.  I regret now that I didn't, he is such a grandpa's boy and whats a few hours of school compared to the memory of helping build grandpa's new shop.

We have 21 days left until we have to be in court for the adoption of our fifth child. A son brought to us through the foster system.  We are licensed foster parents who recieved this child on Jan 27th of this year.  We already had 4 children and were content with that.  God layed on our hearts the desire to take this child in as one of ours when we were not expecting it. It has been one of the most difficult journeys our family has ever been through, but God prevailed and we are blessed. 21 days....

Heading off to meet the new teachers for this year at the elementary open house. Should be a good time. The kids always love to show off their desks and lockers.  I always love to show off my kids! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment