Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Reality Check!

I detest it when God shows me things in my life that need to be "checked". Initially it is very painful and then very humbling or even shameful.  I am not one that naturally loves critisim or being shown that I am wrong. I haven't actually met anyone who fits that personality type, but I do know those who handle it with much more grace then I do. Maybe I will ask them how that comes about....maybe not. Anyway, today I had my two older girls try on all of the jeans in their closet after we had a terrible morning before school. (my 6th grader assumed that last years jeans would fit and when I told her to lay out her clothes for school the night before, she didn't try them on...bad morning) After finding that only 1/3 of the jeans still fit, I decided that we would go for a walk to work off the pot roast supper and to help the girls get back into a healthy mind set. They are both a very health weight for their age and normally extremely active and athletic, but have gotten a little lazy in the last month with school starting. So, off we went on one of the wooded trails at the park and boy was I bookin it. I wanted to see them pant and beg for mercy. TREE ROOT!!!!! I tripped and went sprawling on the ground and boy did it hurt! CHECK! The girls stood over me looking at me like I had lost my marbles. It took both of them to help me to my feet. I was so pathetic. God showed me painfully that I wasn't listening. He showed me that my girls are just fine and dont need me badgering them about clothes that dont fit and getting enough exercise. For crying out loud, basketball season starts next month! Sometimes I get on a kick and just wont listen to reason....... thank you Lord for the tree roots in my life, painful as they are. Tomorrow morning they will be even more painful

No comments:

Post a Comment