Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I can feel spring if I try hard enough!

It has snowed and blowed (it that really a word???) through northern Indiana this year! Having not lived more than six miles from my current address all my life, I guess you could say that I am used to Indiana weather and know what to expect. I actually used to love the cooler months more than the warmer months......until I met my husband. He has trained me over the years to be a lover of spring, summer and fall. ONLY! Winter is officially OUT after the tree comes down. The snow is beautiful and covers up alot of ugliness outside. I do love to sit on the couch with a great book and a cup of coffee while it is snowing. OK, now I'm getting awfully picky and ungrateful. Thank you Lord for the beautiful snow that is so good for my garden and covers up the ugly yard and gives the kids yet something else to be excited about.

I tell you what though, it is the end of January and I can feel spring coming. I am going to be starting my flower seeds in mid February and that makes spring come even quicker. March brings on the vegetable plants for my garden and that means spring is aaaaaalmost here. I will be content though and not press the Lord for spring or He will press me for patience.


 This is the view I get every time I walk into my kitchen.
I need to stop complaining!
 Blessings!!

Cybil

1 comment:

  1. Ah, I can relate...I love the four seasons, but some years even more than others, I'm ready for the next!

    ReplyDelete