Thursday, December 16, 2010

Determination!

The washer is sitting on cement blocks
IN a kiddy pool. Leak away!
Determination is the word of the day when it comes to my washing machine. I have a Whirlpool Atlantis washer and dryer that we bought new 6 years ago. I came home a few weeks ago to water in my basement and couldn't figure out where it had come from. I dried up the water only to find it happening again. It usually happened when I would fill the washer and leave the house. Ironic. My honey finally found where the washer was leaking and it is going to be expensive to fix. I am frustrated because to me, 6 years is not old for a washer. (My mother has a Whirlpool that is 35 years old and still works, though she dosent use it on a daily basis) They dont make things the way they used to. I have figured out a way to continue to use the machine without getting it fixed until after the new year.  It is really hillbilly, but I dont know what else to do. I am determined not to buy a new machine.
God is good, I must add, because we have a friend who offered us their machine that works fine. I am going to have the honey hook up both machines and try tofind another dryer because of the amount of laundry that I do.  So thankful that I live in the 21st centure and am not complaining that my washboard is broke!

Blessings!

Cybil

No comments:

Post a Comment