Sunday, December 12, 2010

I am trying....

Christmas this year has been very hard for me to get excited about. Its been such a tough year and a half for our family in so many ways that I am......tired, depressed, blah. 
My husband had 3 stints put in his heart
Becoming foster parents
A horrible adoption process
Daughter #1 blew out her knee and had to have surgery, bed rest, therapy, etc..
Finally closing the adoption and dealing with all of the judgement and misunderstanding 
My dad has no set diagnosis for the 2 tumors found in his head
Daughter #3 had an emergency appendectomymy
Dealing with my diagnosis of Rheumatoid Arthritis
The huge financial stress caused by all of the above.
The stress of bring a 4 (now 5) year old into our family.
I just feel so tired after all of this. I sound so winey! God has truly brought us through, and I am so thankful for it, but I am beat.
This attitude is way out of character for me. Usually I am  just as excited for Christmas as the kids, maybe more.  Maybe over time I will get my zest for life back, but for this season....I am tired.
I am so thankful that I have my family, friends and an amazing God who always comforts me when I need Him.
To God be the Glory!

1 comment:

  1. Right there with you. We've had a TOUGH year and a half.

    Praying that God brings BLESSINGS to your family in the year ahead.

    Laurel

    ReplyDelete