Thursday, December 30, 2010

Its warming up here...

It is really warming up in Northern Indiana! We started out the week the temps in the single digits at night and below freezing during the day, and now it is 47! My daughter received an ice fishing for Christmas and has been itching to try it. Today they went back to the pond and one last go before the ice gets too thin. Aubrey and her dad have been fishing almost every night this week. They love it. Me? Not so much. I cant get the idea of the ice cracking while I am standing in the middle of the pond out of my mind. Today they caught 6 blue gill and we fried them up for dinner. The kids loved it!
Until it gets colder again, the ice is off limits. At least she got to use the pole right when she got it rather than waiting for it to get cold enough. Daddy/Daughter time is very precious and they love to spend it together hunting, fishing and hiking the farm. I couldn't ask for more than that!

Blessings!

Cybil

1 comment:

  1. I've not really been familiar with ice fishing, until my daughter moved to MN last month and her new roommates were telling us all about it. Sounds like fun!

    Laurel :)

    ReplyDelete