Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Getting it all done....

I went to the elementary school today to deliver the gifts for the teachers, bus drivers, secretaries and principal. I also took in the kids exchange gifts and food supplies for their Christmas parties. This makes me excited because now I can see the top of my dinning room table!  My older girls took their gift to their bus driver only to see that there was a substitute. They were disapointed and asked the sub when Ron would be back only to find that he wouldn't be back until January. I understood. His wife died last year and its too painful to be at home during the holidays. We will save his gift. It got me to thinking about all of the people that view Christmas with heavy hearts just wishing the whole season didn't exist. Those who have lost loved ones, those who may be in foster homes or nursing homes or youth facilities or even prison. Lonely people and those who struggle finacially and Christmas is just a heavy burden for their pocketbooks. Christmas is not so merry for everyone. Let us all remember that the greatest gift you can give this season is love and the witness of Christ. After all, it is His birthday.

Blessings!

Cybil

No comments:

Post a Comment